Search Engine Optimization
While the number one rule for good placement with modern search engines is to have relevant content, I did follow typical recommendations when optimizing the Global Culture blog. The SEO Analyzer from Sitening was very helpful in covering the basics. Now, almost a month after starting the site, I'm seeing an important trend towards visits originated from organic search:
- Week 1: 100% visits originated from direct or referrals
- Week 2: 10% visits originated from organic search
- Week 3: 11% visits originated from organic
- Week 4: 26% visits are from organic searches
I believe this spike has a lot to do with placement in the major engines. As a benchmark I used global culture (no quotes) which is the name of the blog:
- Google: 13th place
- MSN: 4th place
- AOL: 11th place (weird, because it is powered by Google too
The other metric that is relevant is that from all organic searches, 75% came from Google, with MSN, Yahoo, Ask & AOL following far behind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home